This class is for you:
- if you have never done Pilates before and would like to ensure that you learn how to perform Pilates exercises with your core muscles correctly engaged. Pilates is very good for working on good posture, balance, co-ordination, flexibility and general strength as well as prevention of injury and pain. You will feel stronger and more toned after just a few sessions.
- If you are 50 plus and are looking for a good class to build up strength and tone, maintain good posture, balance and flexibility, and prevent joint pain.
- if you have an injury/ condition that requires gentle rehabilitation. It can be reassuring to know that you are being instructed under the supervision of a Chartered Physiotherapist who has clinical experience dealing with injury and dysfunction.
- If you are post-natal and would like to start at a beginner level ( or if you are looking for a second class and have a babysitter for this one! Please look at the post-natal section if you would like to bring your baby.)
You can be any age to join this class. The emphasis of the class will be on good technique and activation of the core in different positions. For clinical and safety reasons I would like to know my clients for this class, so that I can ensure that the exercise are specific to each individual; so this class is not a drop-in class. Please give me a shout if you are interested in joining.
Some of the conditions that can benefit from Pilates exercises are:
- Recurrent Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Any sports injuries
- Shoulder problems
- Iliotibial Syndrome
- Knee problems
- Foot injuries
- Poor balance or flexibility
The class will run as a block of 6 weeks and after this you may wish to continue at this level or progress to a higher level class. It is a valuable class as it will allow to join any Pilates class afterwards knowing you have good Pilates technique.